To compile this information I simply took the share price data for the first closing day of trade and the last current price as of 05/09/2012. Through this a percentage change over the period could be calculated. The summary contains 78 companies, 34 listed on the LSE and the remained on the NYSE. Please note this summary does not cover companies listed under the NASDAQ.
Whilst the excel file I've linked to below has all the details, there are a few points of significance:
- Top three LSE IPO risers: Edge Resources (LSE:EDG), Lead All Investments (LSE:LEAL), Sacoven (LSE:SCN). These are up 74%, 64% and 47% respectively since their listing
- Top three LSE IPO fallers: Rialto Energy (LSE:RIA), Mercom Oil Sands (LSE:MMO), Bullabulling Gold (LSE:BGL). These are down 70%, 64% and 51% in that order
- Over £256m has been raised on the LSE through IPO's so far in 2012
- Mean change of LSE IPOs = -0.93%
- Top three NYSE IPO risers: Northern Tier Energy (NYSE:NTI), WageWorks (NYSE:WAGE), ServiceNow (NYSE:NOW). These are up 41%, 40% and 39%
- Top three NYSE IPO fallers: Midstates Petroleum (NYSE:MPO), GSE Holdings (NYSE:GSE), Allison Transmission Holdings (NYSE:ALSN)
- Mean change of NYSE IPOs = +2.62%
- Overall mean change = +1.07%
- Overall median change = +4.75%
Last off, a copy of the excel file containing all the share price change data and a list of all notable IPOs for the concerned indexes is available below via the URL. This has information of the changes for each of the individual shares.
Picture courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net